Monday, March 26, 2012

New table on server not replicating to device

Hi,

I have a SQL 2005 Mobile db merge synching to SQL Server 2005. I've been using this for a few months now and generally it works well (except when adding not null columns with default values, but that's another story...). I just added a new table to the server, went into the publication articles and checked the new table. It told me I would need to generate a new snapshot for the table, so I then generated a new snapshot. Then I synched the mobile db and it worked with no errors, but the new table I added on the server is not on the mobile db (I checked using the Query Analyzer). I have also tried reinitializing subscriptions, but this didn't work either. Any ideas why this table would not be synched to my mobile db (and no error message on mobile device)?

Regards,

Greg

Greg

If you create a new new subscription to the publication (eg a new device, or you could just create a test sdf file and use Sql management studio to sync it) does the table get sync'd? Have you checked the snapshot agent status to confirm that a new snapshot has been generated?

|||

Nick,

Sorry for the late reply, alerts not working for some reason. Yes, a new subscription picks up the new table. I confirmed that the snapshot agent did create a new snapshot. I've actually had more problems since that post, it seems that if I make any changes to the db schema I get replication errors and/or apparently successful replication (replication monitor shows success) without the schema changes. The only fix seems to be to delete the db on the subscriber and resync (basically a new subscription). After that it will sync fine, until I make any change to the schema on the server. Is it possible that there is some corruption occurring in the publisher merge tables? Do you know of any rebuilds/reindexes I can do (other than deleting the publication and setting up again)?

Regards,

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment