Friday, March 30, 2012

New to Reporting Services

We have a license for SQL Server Enterprise.The license is per processor.We plan to use Reporting Services. I was wondering if there is going to be a limitation for the number of the users that can use this. Similar with Crystal asking for license for more than 5 concurrent users.
We'll access Reporting Services from a web site.Unfortunately the web site is plain ASP.Is there any way I can use Reporting Service(maybe the web service) from plain ASP, or should I think about a way to integrate an ASP.NET page?
The report is generated based on some data the users are entering, and is not related in any way to any database, can I push some xml from my page to the Reporting Service?
Do I need to have a SSL certificate to use Reporting Services?
Can I just download Reporting Services from Microsoft, or is it available only on a CD? We are somehow in a hurry, I don't have too much time to wait for CD's.
Thanks,
IoanaThe requirements for SQL Server Reporting Services are listed herehttp://www.microsoft.com/sql/reporting/productinfo/sysreqs.mspx you will see that the server needs the .NET framework. When that is setup ASP applications should be able to call the reports with a URL or you can use the web service that is part of it.
To my knowledge there is no limit for the number of concurrent Reporting Services users.
An SSL certificate isn't essential but is advisable.
You can download the demonstration which should get you going until you get the CD
Steve|||Thank you Steve.That answers all my questions.:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment