Friday, March 30, 2012

New to SQL 2000 Reporting Services - Need Some Help

I am trying to get SQL 2000 reporting services up and running, and am trying to get a condensed explanation of what I need to do, and any other software I may need to purchase.

I have already installed the Reporting Services, and after reading the help, it seems that I have to install MS Visual Studio 2003 in order to design the reports. Is this true.

Anyone that can give me some help in getting this up and running - I would be grateful.

Thanks so much - Joe

This is correct, to design reports there is an extension project system that is available for VS 2003, you must install VS and then re-run Reporting Services Setup so it can install the client bits.

SQL Server 2005 does not require you to buy a copy of VS as it includes a cut down copy. To design reports for SQL 2005 you need VS 2005, the versions don't cross over.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment