Friday, March 30, 2012

New to SQL - Old SAS School

I'm trying to understand Datawarehousing in the MS SQL World.
I'm a SAS Developer and have read reams of information on MSDN about Microso
fts Approach and DTS. But if I want to run a completely automated system in
Batch, is DTS still the approach.
Can anyone suggest a really good course in the UK or Book that might help?
I can see that SQL is a great tool as I've been getting used to it by contro
lling it from SAS - now I just want to go that little bit further.
Do I need to develop my own environment in VB.NET ?
Please help I'm getting overloaded with MS's TLAs and now need someone to te
ll me exactly what is neededHey, have u looked at www.swldts.com
--
SQL Server MVP - Colombia
"Jason Duncan-King" wrote:

> I'm trying to understand Datawarehousing in the MS SQL World.
> I'm a SAS Developer and have read reams of information on MSDN about Micro
softs Approach and DTS. But if I want to run a completely automated system
in Batch, is DTS still the approach.
> Can anyone suggest a really good course in the UK or Book that might help?
> I can see that SQL is a great tool as I've been getting used to it by cont
rolling it from SAS - now I just want to go that little bit further.
> Do I need to develop my own environment in VB.NET ?
> Please help I'm getting overloaded with MS's TLAs and now need someone to tell me
exactly what is needed|||In article <679321A7-CC23-43C8-A6A0-3CC74A543653@.microsoft.com>,
Alejandro Leguizamo (MVP) wrote:
> Hey, have u looked at www.swldts.com
>
www.sqldts.com right?
Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA
www.SQLDTS.com
www.konesans.com - for all your consultancy needssql

No comments:

Post a Comment