Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New To Databasing

I have just a general question that I was hoping to have answered about the SQL Server Express edition software. I was looking at the data types that you can select from while creating tables and was wondering about other types of data that it can support. I wanted to find out if it supports audio files as one of the data types. I know from MS Access its a OLE object datatype that supports audio files. Is SQL Server Express even capable of handling such data types? Or any other data types that are not text or integers? Anybodys input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ~[MikE]~

You can store any file (or data) as raw binary with the varbinary datatype.

Use varbinary(max) to store data larger than 8000 bytes.

|||Hey thanks for clearing that up for me, I really appreciuate the help, you're like the only one that resoponded out of 20 views, and yea I know it was probably a dumb question, but I just need to make sure. Thanks a lot! ~[MikE]~
|||

No question is dumb, it would be naive to think like that. Some questions can be answered by searching but then it is not always obvious what to search for.

Browse around a bit and you might be able to help others here, with something that you have experience with. This is a community where we help each other. It might take some time but most questions gets answered.

|||Hey thanks Andreas! Im looking foward to learning a lot from everybod on here. Much Appreciated!sql

No comments:

Post a Comment