Friday, March 30, 2012

New to SQL

Hi
I am setting for the first time SQL to access a database. I can get the
Enterprise Manager and the Network Utility to see the databases (on 2
computers) but when I go to the program to access the databases, I get a
Connection error.
Strangely, I set up the exact replica on the server and it can only see
itself and not the other computer.
I have scanned newsgroups etc but cannot locate the problem.
Thanks
cds
Could you please post the exact error message? There are various types of
connectivity issues, and we need to see the error message, to be able to
understand what's happening.
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
"cds" <cdsaus2001@.yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:4140ccde$0$3711$afc38c87@.news.optusnet.com.au ...
> Hi
> I am setting for the first time SQL to access a database. I can get the
> Enterprise Manager and the Network Utility to see the databases (on 2
> computers) but when I go to the program to access the databases, I get a
> Connection error.
> Strangely, I set up the exact replica on the server and it can only see
> itself and not the other computer.
> I have scanned newsgroups etc but cannot locate the problem.
> Thanks
> cds
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment