Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New to Pl/SQl and SQL

I am new to this group and beginner to SQL and PL/SQL, I installed Microsoft SQL Server 2000, learned the basic SQL statments and ran them in the SQL Query Analyzer.

Now I am learning some PL/SQL tutorials and was wondering if I could run PL/SQL scripts in the SQL Query Analyzer ? Any help would be highly appreciated.PL/SQL is Oracle's procedural extension to the SQL standard and I believe will only run against Oracle databases.|||If you want to try pl/sql and don't have oracle I believe the open source database postgres (www.postgres.org) is very similar and has a pl/sql equivalent in pg/sql|||Originally posted by axis
PL/SQL is Oracle's procedural extension to the SQL standard and I believe will only run against Oracle databases.

Thanks for your response, I dont have oracle database, I will try it against oracle db.

No comments:

Post a Comment